Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Glowing Green

My Kids and I have consumed 2 cups of spinach each a day for a whole week and I really feel great !  We have dubbed this magic drink "The Monster Smoothie".  It is sweet and wholesome.  I've used what ever berries I've had on hand but the one Banana is the key to sweetness and acceptability of little people.

This recipe is super simple. All you need is a blender and the following ingredients:
  • 1-2 bananas (I freeze my bananas and I only use one)
  • 1/2 cup frozen peaches (We like Strawberries)
  • 1/2 cup frozen mango
  • a couple handfuls of spinach ( I packed 3 cups into the blender)
  • water
  • ice (if desired)- never needed
Add enough water to blend and enjoy, that’s it! Get the glow with a Green Smoothie !
Via

I get my spinach ( and other fresh fruits and veggies) from a great local farm, if you live in South Houston I highly recommend it.

Frobergs Farm


I encourage you to try it and serve it to your kids, I guarantee they are not eating this much green otherwise.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips