Saturday, October 15, 2011

I love me some Pottery Barn !

I found this "knock off"  and it was right in my price range ...FREE !!


via

This is such a great measuring/memory tool for us who move all the time, I get to take the kids milestones with us.  It is no longer available at PB so I decided to copy make my own !


I used a saw tooth picture hanger to hang it on the wall.  I gave it one coat of Walnut stain, which I had in the garage.


I marked off 1-inch marks along the entire length of the board. In order to mimic the lines on a ruler, I made the “quarter” lines 2 inches long and the “eighth” lines 1 inch long. Make sense? I drew all the lines in pencil first, then went over them with my sharpie.  She used a paint pen so that is an option but the sharpie worked fine.



 I used the font  (Century) and printed out the numbers 1-6 in 200 point font. I rubbed and traced the numbers with my ballpoint pen.  This left a slight indention on the  board, I was then able to fill in with the sharpie.


And who does that ??  Do you see that One in the wrong direction.  I started with One and was trying to do too many things at once, when I figure out how to fix I will let you know.  Don't do that !! ;)  Although now it does seem really me !.... a little off.

So, I hope I've inspired you to steal use your husband's wood while he is at work to make something awesome !!


4 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Love the way it turned out, eve if you did the "1" the wrong way. Just say it was your own personal touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! What a great idea. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so dang cute. But I can't see where the boo boo is. Maybe I'm a little "off" as well. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is such a cute idea! Love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips